blogspot counter

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: The Forlorn Boot


Crowds parted as people scurried around this battered boot, forlorn and without mate or owner, as if its rough condition made it disgraceful.

Its leather, softened from wear, seemed like a dear, wrinkled face that made me smile, and I picked it up, wondering what fabulous tales it might tell.

It recoiled, curling both toe and tongue and croaked with a throaty whisper, “What want do you have with a useless, tired thing like me?”

“My wise boot, you have stories to tell that could compare to none. Will you please share them with me?” I asked.

It unfurled its tongue and said, “Entertainment is for those who have nothing productive to do. Give me a job, and I’ll tell all my tales whilst I work.”

I scratched my head and replied, “I am truly in need of a proud doorstop that will serve me without fail…if the job suits.”

The toe stretched, and the laces straightened when it replied, “I shall be honored to be in your employment.”

“And tell me tall tales from years ago?” I asked, and the boot winked its top eyelet.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi, Marsha! I found your work via the MR FB page. Glad I did! I love your style of writing! This truly is Flash fiction too, isn't it? :)) Looking forward to more.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Glad you stopped by, Fiona! Thanks so much for your interest and kind words.

debi o'neille said...

Lovely writing. Glad I fell into your site.
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks so much, Debi. I'm glad to know you enjoy my writing.