blogspot counter

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: No need to lose your New Year’s dreams during the fireworks

“Don’t you want to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks?” I said, bending at the waist to talk with Pongo who huddled into the corner.
The little hippo tried his best to fit his puffy snout against the angular walls.
“It’s a fun time to celebrate the past year and look forward to the next,” I said and stroked his soft backside.
“I don’t want to see them,” he stuttered into the corner.
“Why not?”
“’Cause the booms are too loud.”
“It’s not scary, and I’ll stay beside you.”
He faced me and touched his head with a front hoof as he said, “I’m not scared, but booms will shake the new dreams out of my head.”
I grinned and said, “Not if you share them with someone before the fireworks start, and I volunteer to listen.” I held out my hand, and Pongo accepted with all four hooves, ears wiggling as he talked without taking a breath.

Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her. 


*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy and fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. Or enjoy a magical realism tale of a haunted yoga studio with SHADOWS OF SERENITY. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: