blogspot counter

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: Phew! Santa has bad breath!


“Do you know Santa?” she whispered just after the lights around us flicked off for the night.
“Of course I do. He brought me here for the little boy to play with. Didn’t he bring you?”
“Nah, I came in an ordinary box,” she replied with a heavy sigh.
“But you’re a princess. I’ll bet Santa brought your box to this family.”
She blushed and said, “Santa comes every year, right, so I’ll be sure to stay awake this year and ask him how I got here.”
“There he is now,” I said, sitting up as much as my settled stuffing would allow.
“Oh,Santa’s sure is furry and loud with a long tail and, phew, has bad breath.”

Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her. 

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy and fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. Or enjoy a magical realism tale of a haunted yoga studio with SHADOWS OF SERENITY. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.